Posts tagged Old Town
Spring is almost here! Still feeling a little jilted from daylight savings and an hour less of sleep? Give yourself a pick-me-up by visiting the Bazaar del Mundo Shops. With thousands of treasures from around the world, you’re sure to find something to brighten your day.
You can treat yourself to a new pair of festive earrings or a beautiful silk scarf, or rejuvenate your wardrobe with vibrant blouses, sweaters and dresses to match your mood.
Maybe it’s your kitchen that needs a makeover! Our unique and vast array of colorful dishes will have your next dinner guests saying, “Where did you get these?”
For more items sure to spice up your spring, visit Bazaar del Mundo at the north entrance to Old Town on the corner of Juan and Taylor. www.bazaardelmundo.com
Something people always notice while shopping at Bazaar del Mundo is how colorful our Shops are! It’s true, you can find something for your home, kitchen, garden or closet in just about every fabulous shade. Whether you want to decorate your home with a certain color, or you want to wear it, you’ll find something unique in the hue you desire at Bazaar del Mundo.
If you’re looking to jazz up your wardrobe for springtime, Bazaar del Mundo offers purses, shoes, scarves, sweaters and jewelry in all the most popular colors. You can dress head-to-toe in “it” colors! According to Pantone, the season’s hot shades are cool and soft, with subtle warm tones and an en plein air theme. Think very natural, with understated brights. Here are a few samples:
For more of this season’s best colors, visit: http://goo.gl/pD7c0X. To shop for your favorite shades, visit Bazaar del Mundo in Old Town.
I hope you had as much fun at Customer Appreciation Day as I did. It was so great seeing and talking to you. One of our longtime customers told me it was her first Christmas party of the season and she really enjoyed it. We did, too.
As shopping gets more hectic in the weeks ahead, please remember we’re here to help you in any way we can. To make your life easier we offer gift wrapping and shipping via UPS. Please let us know how we can help you.
**CONGRATULATIONS to our winners from the Customer Appreciation Day prize drawings:
- $200 – Susan L., Encinitas
- $50 – Linda T., San Diego
- $50 – Margo T., San Diego
- $50 – Kathy R., San Diego
- $50 – Brian S., San Diego
- $75 to Casa de Bandini – Isobel C., San Diego
- $75 to Casa de Pico – Dorleen B., San Diego
- $75 to Casa Guadalajara – Christine W.
- $75 to Casa Sol y Mar – Sandy B., Del Mar
Bazaar del Mundo needs your vote. Nominations are open for San Diego CityBeat’s “Best Of” issue, and we need all avid shoppers, culture connoisseurs and jewelry junkies to help us win “Best” for:
- San Diego Tourist Attraction
- Cooking Store
- Gift Shop, Jewelry Shop
- Women’s Clothing Store
- Cultural Festival (Latin American Festival or Santa Fe Market)
You have through September 15 to nominate. Voting for the top 5 is held September 17-29 and the winners will be announced October 22.
Let them know where the best shopping in San Diego is – Bazaar del Mundo! Nominations can be made at http://goo.gl/xbHjOR.
Summer is the time to enjoy the company of great family and friends. What better way to do that than over delicious food? If you’re thinking about hosting a summer barbecue, come into The Kitchen Shop at Bazaar del Mundo for some essentials:
- Nothing goes better on corn bread than Jenkins Jellies’ Hell Fire Pepper Jelly. This delicious spread is an organic, gluten-free and vegan gourmet condiment with a kick. It can also be used in dips, sauces, salads or even desserts. For more helpful recipe ideas, check out this cookbook “Sweet Heat: Cooking with Jenkins Jellies’ Hell Fire Pepper Jelly” – http://goo.gl/exx0Ad.
- Did someone say corn bread? Ass Kickin’ Corn Bread is a full flavor bread mix that includes a packet of habanero pepper so you can flavor to taste.
- Stonewall Kitchen’s Basil Pesto Aioli is a classic French “mayo,” blended with Basil Pesto to create a delicious spread for sandwiches and dips. It’s also a great accompaniment to chicken, fish or pork.
- Zesty Mexican spices make Frontier Soups’ Tortilla Soup a sure-fire winner! The dehydrated black beans, peppers and sweet corn cook quickly in this Southwestern specialty. You can add chips or chicken to finish.
More delightful barbecue accessories include a glass beverage dispenser and small cacti spreaders. Don’t forget to check out our extensive collection of cookbooks!