Mercado del Sol Returns to Bazaar del Mundo, July 6-7
Local Artists Bring Summer Fashions, Accessories and Jewelry to Old Town Icon
Celebrate summer with two days of shopping, sun and fun at Diane Powers’ Bazaar del Mundo’s second annual “Mercado del Sol” on July 6-7, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
More than a dozen artists and vendors will gather at Bazaar del Mundo, located at 4133 Taylor Street, to share their summer-inspired collections of handcrafted jewelry, clothing, fashion accessories, gifts and more at this free weekend event.
New this year will be representatives from Johnny Was, a globally recognized brand known for its bohemian designs that cross cultures and defy trends. Visitors can participate in a raffle for a limited edition Johnny Was item, or place a custom order and receive a free scarf as a gift with purchase.
Additional visiting artists include:
- Kim Yubeta with the latest in her collection of “treasure” necklaces
- Dan Dee Silk, local silk artists’ scarves, ruanas and jackets
- Cynthia Rodriguez’ collection of bright, trendy jewelry and other accessories from Thailand
- Sheri Liebert, a local artist who has been creating bold, elegant and timeless handmade jewelry for over two decades
- Karen Nan, specializing in kiln-fired art glass and jewelry
- Ayala Bar, an Israeli designer with an assortment of earrings and necklaces made from different metals, beads and fabrics from all over the world
- Brad Olander of Meridian Jewelry Design, with handcrafted pieces featuring colorful gemstones, metals, freshwater pearls, Czech glass and other eclectic elements
- Leaders in Leather with hand-tooled leather bags from Paraguay
- Joey Miller’s creative collections from Turkey include vibrant sundresses and versatile sweaters
- Elle of California with an extensive selection of one-of-a-kind estate jewelry pieces and other collectible jewelry from all over the world
- Duet, a specialty boutique in Laguna Beach featuring exquisite pieces of wearable art
Delicious summer treats will also be available throughout the Bazaar del Mundo Shops, plus a for-purchase salad bar – perfect for the warm, outdoor setting.
To join the festivities, visit the Bazaar del Mundo Shops at the north entrance to Old Town, on the corner of Juan and Taylor Streets.