The countdown to Christmas is on – only 7 days left! Still searching for gifts that won’t break the bank? Bazaar del Mundo in Old Town San Diego has some fabulous finds for under $25:
- Crafted with care in Vermont, colorful Sol Mate Socks are made from recycled cotton and available for men, women and babies in the Gallery. Sets come with two pair and a spare for $22.
- Each Art of Hearts ornament is a limited edition work of art that can either hang on a tree or stand alone using the ornamental key included with every design. The ornament shown above features artwork by renowned artist Laurel Burch. Ornaments are $16 each.
- For the modern gal, grab a pair of Touch Sensor Technology Gloves so she can send texts and emails on the go while keeping her hands toasty warm. Several colors available, $23 per pair.
- Everyone knows an animal lover! The darling leather keychains shown above are perfect stocking stuffers for just about anyone. Made from beautiful Italian leather!
- Made with vegan leather, our embroidered, Bohemian-style wallets have several compartments for keeping cards and cash handy with flair. Styles shown above are $23.
Waited till the last minute to do your shopping? We offer beautiful gift wrapping and shipping to make holiday shopping even easier. Ask an associate for more details.
Have you begun to decorate your home for the holidays? If you’ve visited Bazaar del Mundo lately, you may have noticed our Shops are alive with the holiday spirit.
Throughout the Shops, we have a collection of wonderfully dressed Christmas trees adorned with hand-crafted ornaments, Mexican paper flowers, colorful ribbons, and – for something a little out of the ordinary – creative folk art masks, dolls and gourd ornaments. These pieces of art are stunning on a tree or as gifts!
If you’re searching for holiday pieces to decorate your mantel or dining room table, we have a wide selection of hand-carved nativities and festive poinsettia table runners that will add holiday cheer to your home.
The holidays will be here before you know it! Visit Bazaar del Mundo in Old Town to find unique décor items from all over the world that will help turn your home into a holiday oasis.
Día de los Muertos, also known as Day of the Dead, is a Mexican celebration to remember past family and loved ones. Despite its title, the celebration is a vibrant and colorful tribute to the lives of those who have passed.
Celebrated annually on November 1 and 2, Bazaar del Mundo will continue the tradition of paying homage to the deceased with a three-day event featuring elaborately decorated altars, sugar-skull decorating, face painting and more.
As part of Old Town San Diego’s Annual “Tour of Altars,” produced by the Old Town Chamber of Commerce, Bazaar del Mundo will transform its shops into a walkable trail of altars, complete with traditional sugar skulls, handmade papier-mâché decorations and guest artists selling Day of the Dead-themed jewelry, handbags, accessories, prints and cards to promote the holiday. Exotic sounds will be provided by Latin American folk group Tinku.
Children and families can enjoy a sugar-skull decorating class on Saturday from noon to 6 p.m. and face painting both days. Hot chocolate, mini churros and coloring sheets will be available for the children, while historical handouts will be provided to adults.
Next door, sister restaurant Casa Guadalajara will have a spectacular alter of its own, and offer Day of the Dead food and drink specials to help celebrate the holiday.
The event will take place Saturday, Oct. 31, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday, Nov. 1, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. On Monday, Nov. 2, the Bazaar del Mundo Shops will highlight its alters and offer treats and children’s crafts through closing at 5:30 p.m.
The event is in conjunction with Old Town’s Día de Los Muertos three-day event, from 2 to 9 p.m. Oct. 31 to Nov. 2, which includes “Tour of Altars,” a candlelight procession, face painting and mask decorating throughout Old Town at participating sites.
Parking tips: park for free across the street at Caltrans all day Saturday and Sunday, or take the trolley.
Mother’s Day is just around the corner! Why not show mom a little shopping-spree lovin’ to make her feel extra special this year? Diane Powers invites all mothers to come spoil themselves, while dads and kids shop for the perfect present, at the Bazaar del Mundo Shops in Old Town for a “Mother Lovin’ Shopping Spree,” May 9, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Whether she’s a fashionista, foodie, free spirit, or a little bit of it all, this Mother’s Day shopping party will host artists creating special gifts fitting the taste of all kinds of mothers. From themed cookbooks to handcrafted necklaces, there is sure to be the perfect gift for every mom.
Come enjoy this colorful family affair filled with beautiful gifts, delicious appetizers and Mother’s Day activities for the children. Recently voted the “Best Place to Buy a Gift in San Diego,” the Bazaar del Mundo Shops are the perfect choice in making this Mother’s Day a little more memorable!
Bazaar del Mundo in Old Town has a grand selection of romantic Valentine’s Day gifts for the love of your life. The Shops offer thousands of treasures from all over the world – perfect for your “darling.”
- Chuao Chocolatier, based in Encinitas, creates delectable and unique flavors, such as Potato Chip and Maple Bacon. This treat is great for men, women and children.
- Kim Yubeta makes stunning women’s jewelry using stones and sterling silver. The necklace pictured even has a lovely heart motif.
- Aromatic soaps, lotions and sprays in soothing scents like lavender.
- Cozy socks by K. BELL in holiday patterns like kisses or hearts are great to cuddle up with.
In addition to great gift ideas, Bazaar del Mundo has heart-themed home décor to help add pizazz to your Valentine’s Day party. Heart-shaped pillows, wall art, books, retablos and other folk art are available.
To see more Valentine’s Day-themed gift and décor ideas, visit our Facebook page. For more chic Valentine’s Day gifts and hidden gems from all around the globe, visit Bazaar del Mundo Shops at the north entrance to Old Town on the corner of Juan and Taylor.
For one-of-a-kind gifts and international treasures perfect for every person on your holiday shopping list, avoid the crowded malls and visit Bazaar del Mundo!
In addition to colorful home décor and creative women’s fashion, Bazaar del Mundo offers a wonderful selection of gifts for men, including:
- Natural Wood Watches: Handcrafted in British Columbia using sustainable hardwood from Africa and India
- Wooden game sets: Backgammon, dice and chess sets made in India
- Handcrafted sand designs: Gravity, time, matter and motion are combined to form fascinating ever-changing works of art
More gift ideas include: silk ties, customizable license plate art and gourmet chocolates in flavors like “Potato Chip” and “Maple Bacon” from Chuao Chocolate, based in Carlsbad.
Bazaar del Mundo celebrates the holiday season with beautiful and unique decorations throughout the shops that create a cheerful ambiance and enjoyable shopping experience for customers.
Our collection of wonderfully dressed Christmas trees feature hand crafted ornaments, Mexican paper flowers, colorful ribbons, and – for something a little out of the ordinary – creative folk art masks, dolls and gourd ornaments. These pieces of art are stunning on a tree or as gift accents!
Shoppers can avoid the crowded malls and find a gift for everyone on their list at Bazaar del Mundo! Free parking is available nights and weekends across the street at Caltrans.